HONOURING DR. S. UNNIKRISHNAN NAIR
Honoured Dr. S. Unnikrishnan Nair, 1980-1985 Batch, Mechanical Engineering, MACE in recognition of assuming charge as Director, VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram in March 2022
- More than 50% of the faculty are Ph.D. holders.
- Seven faculties in the department are Ph.D. Research Guides.
- Research Centre of the department created a history in the year 2021 by producing 7 PhD holders.
- Five faculty members in the department are members of Board of Studies and one faculty member is chairman of Board of studies in APJ Abdul Kalam Technological university.
- Three faculty members are members of syllabus committee of the university.
- Three faculty members are AICTE expert committee members for approval of technical institutions and one faculty is a member of University expert committee for affiliation.
- Two faculty members are reviewers of Elsevier Journals.
- Patent for INNOFAP Engineering LLP, a start up by Mr. Sanjeed Salam (Mechanical Engineering batch of 2021) “Device, System and Method for Supporting a Weak Structure”.
- Patent for “A System and Method for Extracting Coconut Endosperm without Breaking its Shell” by Professor Kiran Christopher, Ritwik A, and Reghuraj A.R.
- First place in the Tractor design competition of Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) in 2020.
- Global Rank 12 in the IAM3D competition conducted by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- One among top 8 teams in the world in the ASME E-fest 2021 SDC (Robotic) competition conducted globally in April 2021.
- National Champion in SAE tractor design competition 2020.
- Overall champion in SAE tractor design competition 2021.
- All India rank 17 in SAE Electric Two-Wheeler Design competition 2020.
- All India rank 3 for application report submission in SAE ADC REGULAR CLASS 2021.
- Christy Mammen (first year student) selected as one among the top performers in the World in the ASME Digital Scavenger Hunt E-Fest 2021.
- All India Rank 21 and State Rank 1 in SAE Aero Design competition 2021.
- Nihal Shaji (Final year student) won 2 lakhs Idea Grant at KSUM’s Idea Fest 2021.
- All India Rank 3 and All Kerala Rank 2 in Business Plan & Cost Report Round in SAE Indian Kart Racing Competition 2022.
- All India Rank 5 and All Kerala Rank 1 in Innovation Round in SAE Indian Kart Racing Competition 2022
- Global Rank 14 in ASME 3D Printed Un-manned Aerial Racing Cargo Vehicle Competition 2022
DEPARTMENT MAGAZINE ‘OPTIMISTA’
Third semester students published the department magazine ‘OPTIMISTA’. Asst. Prof. George Mathew was the faculty-in-charge for the magazine. The magazine released on 20th December 2021.