The Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC) at MACE is promoted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi to foster techno-entrepreneurship for generation of wealth and employment. The mission of the EDC is to "develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture among the stakeholders and to foster growth entrepreneurship amongst the students, faculty and the society at large ".
Objectives of the EDC :
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the institution and other institutions in the region.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- Collaboration with other national organizations and institutions.
- To organize entrepreneurship development and awareness programme.
- To undertake research studies and identify technology areas having entrepreneurship opportunities.
Functions of EDC :
- To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college.
- To initiate innovative student projects each year for innovative product development.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases.